Friday, November 7, 2008

2 Weeks

It has now been 2 weeks since Abbie has left us. Some days are better than others. Yesterday was the first time I had to go to church without her and Sean. I am glad that I got it over with. As soon as I saw the church I began to cry and shake. I have many memories of her there. It is so hard to walk in alone: no car seat, no diaper bag, no Abbie. I hate to even walk past the nursery.

Mother's Day is next Sunday. I am dreading it. Part of me wants to go see Abbie, but I realize that I will have to relive the pain all over again. I don't think that I could handle that. This was the first year that I was looking forward to Mother's Day. I imagined dressing Abbie up and taking her to the mother/daughter banquet. Now it is an even more painful reminder of my empty womb and empty arms. I just pray that this week passes quickly.

No comments: