Friday, November 7, 2008

Date Change

The original family changed their mind and will not take Abbie. They, like us, cannot imagine having Abbie for up to seven years only to let her go. Another family has agreed to take her. We have decided to let Abbie go on Saturday, April 16th. We need to get it over with. The longer we have her, the more I want to keep her. The birth mom is still firm in her decision to keep Abbie. I am praying that one day we will be able to find Abbie and show her how much she is loved.

In my heart, she will always be our firstborn. I couldn't love a biological child more than I love Abbie. I am planting a rosebush in memory of her. Everytime I see it, I can pray for her. I have also decided to pray for her birth mom. I am asking God to make her the best mom that she can be. Abbie deserves the best.

I am determined to enjoy the time that we have left. I am saving the tears for later. At least, that is what I am trying to do.

No comments: