Friday, November 7, 2008

Visit With Abbie (Aug. 2005)

We decided to see Abbie. The foster family came through on the 9th and we met up in a central location. The moment I saw her I began to shake and cry!! There was my little girl!! Only not so little anymore. My biggest fear was that she wouldn't let me hold her. The foster mom asked if I wanted to hold her and fear rushed through me as I held out my arms to her. There was no need to fear....she came right to me!! Not once did she try to leave my arms. She was happy and bubbly. She laughed and played with us. On her own, she gave me a big hug. When Sean was close to her, she grabbed him and gave him baby kisses!

I am so thankful for the time we were able to spend with her. It does my heart good to see that she is well cared for. She is very happy and well adjusted. I look forward to seeing her again. Though it was difficult to say goodbye, I wouldn't have traded those moments, that little taste of heaven, for anything in the world.

No comments: