Friday, November 7, 2008

Abbie's Birth

originally written in 2005

January 11th.

Today Abbie was born!!!! My hand shook as wrote down her stats. I couldn't wait to see her. It hurt that she wasn't "mine" and I didn't get to name her, but I was excited nonetheless. We were still hopeful that the birth mom would change her mind.

January 13th.

I remember my first look at Abbie. She was beautiful!!! If there was such a thing as a Build-A-Baby store and I could have hand picked what my baby would look like, Abbie was it. She had a head full of dark hair and big blue eyes. She had the most expressive face. She was a tiny little thing. I held her to me and inhaled her baby scent. I kissed her little toes and fingers. I marveled at how delicate she was. I begged God to let us have her. I couldn't love a biological child any more than I love Abbie.

No comments: