Friday, November 7, 2008

Missing Her

Well, Abbie is in her new home. I can't believe that she is really gone. The meeting with the foster family was bittersweet. The father prayed for us. He wept as he prayed that we would be reunited with our baby girl. It did our heart good to know that they want us to get her back. We are praying that God will allow us to be a family again.

The foster mom wants to send us pictures. She emailed me tonight to let me know that Abbie was fine. Part of me hated that Abbie did't miss me, but another part of me was glad that she is fine. We can also see her anytime we want. I am not sure if I could handle that, but it is nice to know that we have that option.

I miss her terribly, but I am glad that it is over with. Healing can now begin. I will be planting her rosebush this week. Oh! How I miss our sweet baby girl. My arms ache to hold her. I keep listening for her, then it hits me anew that she is gone. I have her sponge that I would bathe her with. It smells like her- lavender. I miss her scent. I miss everything about her. Please God, reunite our family.

No comments: