Friday, November 7, 2008

THE END

I feel like I am on death row. My nerves are shot. I feel as though I could vomit. How do you survive something like this? To us, this is the death of our firstborn child. I have heard of women losing a baby to sids or other illnesses. I never truly understood how much pain it entailed. Of course, I realized that they hurt, but I never fully comprehended the depth of that pain.

As much as I hate to lose Abbie, I am ready for this to be over with. I want healing to begin. Though healing is a long way off. It has finally hit Sean. I have never seen him weep the way he has today. He loves his baby girl. I hurt for him. We hurt for each other. It kills us that if we see her again, she won't recognize us. She may never know the depth of our love. I pray that one day we can tell her. Until then, Lord, please love our little Abbie. Wrap Your arms around her.

No comments: