Friday, November 7, 2008

Time is Running Out

Today I will be cutting a lock of Abbie's hair as a keepsake. I will also be getting her little footprints and hand prints. I am trying to think of everything I want to do before she goes. I stare at her often, trying to memorize her face, her eyes, her smile. I am so scared that I will forget how she looks, how she smells, and how she sounds. I kiss her hundreds of times a day. One kiss for every day that we will be apart for the next 18 years. I am trying to fit a lifetime of love into 3 short months.

Every time the phone rings, I am hoping that it is a call saying that we can keep her. I am praying for a miracle. How is it that we can love another human being so completely? I don't think we realize just how much we love someone until we are faced with losing them.

Dear God, help to survive losing my baby. I need your strength and support if I am to survive this. Help me to grow through this experience. Help me not to hate or become bitter. Help the tears to dry up. Bring Sean and I through this valley. Thank You for letting us love Abbie, even if only for a short time. Protect her and guide her. Amen.

No comments: